Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost to you for your UnitedHealthcare® HouseCalls visit?
HouseCalls is included at no additional cost for people enrolled in an eligible health plan.
Will a HouseCalls visit affect your premium or benefits?
No, having a HouseCalls visit won’t affect either your premium or benefits at any time.
HouseCalls provides a yearly in-home preventive care visit, which includes:
- A head-to-toe exam
- Health screenings
- Plenty of 1-on-1 time to talk with a licensed health care practitioner about your health questions
Because a HouseCalls visit is driven by you and your needs, screenings and conversation topics can vary.
How long does a HouseCalls visit last?
Between 45 to 60 minutes.
Who will come to your home for a visit?
A health care practitioner who is either a nurse practitioner, physician assistant or medical doctor. All HouseCalls professionals are state licensed and maintain national certification. In addition, our health care practitioners have passed a background check.
How often should you have a HouseCalls visit?
One yearly in-home visit is included as a health plan feature for those enrolled in an applicable health plan.
How do you know if you’re eligible?
It’s always a good idea to double-check eligibility with your health plan. Call the number on the back of your member ID card to confirm.
When can you schedule a visit?
- Schedule at any time. All HouseCalls visits are scheduled around your needs. Call to find a date and time that works best for you.
- You get one HouseCalls visit per calendar year. But you don’t have to schedule visits for the same time each year. So, even if it hasn’t been a full year since your last visit, you can schedule your yearly HouseCalls visit starting in January.
How can HouseCalls help if you’re already seeing a doctor?
- HouseCalls supplements your doctor’s care with an extra set of eyes looking out for your health between regular doctor’s visits.
- Your in-home health care practitioner will help you by supporting existing relationships with doctors— and can also help you establish relationships with new care resources, if needed.
- Doctor’s appointments can sometimes feel rushed and you might not know exactly what to ask. HouseCalls health care practitioners can provide you with a checklist of important questions and topics specific to your needs to discuss with your doctor at your next visit. This helps ensure you get the information you need.
Can someone else be present in your home during a visit?
Absolutely. Your loved ones, caregivers or friends are welcome during the visit, if you like.
Can your family members take advantage of HouseCalls?
Yes, if your family member is enrolled in an eligible health plan they can also have a HouseCalls visit at no additional cost.
How do you get started with HouseCalls?
Simply call 1-866-799-5895, TTY 711
The HouseCalls program is not available with all plans and may not be available in all areas. To check if HouseCalls is available to you, or to schedule a HouseCalls visit, call 1-866-799-5895, TTY 711, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET.