Frequently Asked Questions
HouseCalls provides a yearly in-home preventive care visit, which includes:
- A head-to-toe exam
- Health screenings
- Plenty of 1-on-1 time to talk with a licensed health care practitioner about your health questions
Because a HouseCalls visit is driven by you and your needs, screenings and conversation topics can vary.
- Schedule at any time. All HouseCalls visits are scheduled around your needs. Call to find a date and time that works best for you.
- You get one HouseCalls visit per calendar year. But you don’t have to schedule visits for the same time each year. So, even if it hasn’t been a full year since your last visit, you can schedule your yearly HouseCalls visit starting in January.
- HouseCalls supplements your doctor’s care with an extra set of eyes looking out for your health between regular doctor’s visits.
- Your in-home health care practitioner will help you by supporting existing relationships with doctors— and can also help you establish relationships with new care resources, if needed.
- Doctor’s appointments can sometimes feel rushed and you might not know exactly what to ask. HouseCalls health care practitioners can provide you with a checklist of important questions and topics specific to your needs to discuss with your doctor at your next visit. This helps ensure you get the information you need.
Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare.
The HouseCalls program is not available with all plans and may not be available in all areas. To check if HouseCalls is available to you, or to schedule a HouseCalls visit, call 1-866-799-5895, TTY 711, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET.